There are several reasons why East Houston Regional Medical Center is one of the best labor and delivery hospitals, including:
- Highly-skilled team of Certified Nurse-Midwives and board-certified OB/GYN physicians
- Board-certified neonatologists and neonatal nurse practitioners
- Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Family-centered care
- Certified lactation consultants
- Private, spacious rooms for labor/delivery and postpartum
- Free parking
- Close to home
While we work hard to follow birth plans, occasionally unexpected events occur. The Women’s and Newborn Center at East Houston Regional Medical Center has everything in place to assist women quickly, including obstetricians and anesthesia services, available 24/7.
In the event of more serious problems, our neonatology staff is ready to assist. Our Level II NICU is fully equipped to meet all of baby’s needs, and if transfer to a higher level of care is necessary, a Level III NICU is available nearby at Bayshore Medical Center.