Advanced Wound Center
Every year, millions of Americans suffer from chronic wounds caused by diabetes, traumatic injuries, pressure sores, surgeries and other conditions. Using the latest medical techniques, The Advanced Wound Center at East Houston Regional Medical Center provides treatment for chronic and non-healing wounds.
Our wound care specialists communicate with the patient’s primary care physician so that underlying complications can be treated and managed. While some wounds will heal faster and some slower, we expect to heal 80% of all the wounds we see within 16 weeks and patients come to the center every week for evaluation and treatment by one of our wound care physicians. A physician referral is not required. The center is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Our wound care services include:
- Hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) therapy
- Surgical, autolytic, enzymatic and mechanical debridement
- Bioengineered skin substitutes
- Vacuum-assisted closure devices
- Transcutaneous oxygen monitoring (TCOM)
- Pressure redistribution
- Compression therapy
Because each wound is as unique as the individual, we work closely with other care providers to develop a plan tailored to the patient’s needs. We often recommend off-loading or pressure distributing devices such as shoe inserts, custom shoes, boots and braces, wheelchair cushions, or air mattresses.
Our team of wound care specialists includes:
- Physicians and nurses with advanced training in wound management and hyperbaric medicine.
- Technologists who are experts in hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- Experienced staff to assist with appointments, medical records and health insurance processing.
Wait times are an average and provided for informational purposes only. What does this mean?