Call 713-393-2000 for information about our services.
24-Hour Emergency Services
East Houston Regional Medical Center provides 24-hour emergency services to residents of East Harris County. It is the only Level IV emergency center in East Harris County.
More than 40,000 patients visit our Emergency Center each year. Our ER offers:
- Board certified doctors and nursing staff specially trained in emergency care, including advanced cardiac life support.
- Pediatric emergency care, including specially trained staff and pediatric advanced life support for major emergencies, available 24 hours a day.
- A Level IV Trauma Designated Center and a Cycle II Chest Pain Center accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- 26-bed acute care unit with two dedicated trauma rooms, 10 monitored beds and 10 acute care beds.
- Decontamination room with external access.
- Spanish and other language interpretation available 24 hours a day.
- Specialty physicians on call such a specialists in cardiology, surgery, internal medicine, orthopedics and gynecology.
- Stroke team immediately available.
- X-ray, lab, CT Scan and ultrasound testing available 24 hours a day.
Fast Track for minor illnesses and injuries
Our four-bed fast track unit quickly treats and monitors children and adults with minor illnesses or injuries.
More locations to serve you
You can also take advantage of our emergencies services at Bayshore Medical Center and HealthOne Fairmont.
Level IV Trauma Designation
Trauma is defined as a sudden, unexpected injury. According to the Texas Department of State Health Services, approximately 10,000 Texans die from trauma injuries each year—the state’s leading cause of death for individuals younger than 44 and the third leading cause of death for all ages.
East Houston Regional Medical Center (EHRMC) has received a Level IV Trauma Center designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services. To earn the designation, EHRMC met stringent criteria for providing comprehensive care for trauma patients, from admission to rehabilitation. A fall from a ladder, a broken ankle in a basketball game, or injuries sustained in a car accident all constitute types of trauma that can be assessed and treated at a Level IV Trauma Center.
In addition to hosting quarterly trauma education luncheons for hospital personnel and EMS providers, East Houston Regional Medical Center is dedicated to teaching and promoting safe practices throughout our community with events like our annual helmet give-away, car seat safety checks, and other injury prevention activities.
Below you’ll find safety tips that can save lives and keep families healthy:
Wait times are an average and provided for informational purposes only. What does this mean?